Here's an overview of the UAE Education System
At the forefront of the UAE’s efforts to usher in a modern era of knowledge and empowerment, they have established an excellent and diversified higher education system over a very short period and consequently witnessed an increase in the number and quality of public and private higher education institutes.
The higher education system is divided among the different institutions in the seven emirates — composed of local and international universities and colleges, both private and public— and though most are located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, you will find that some institutions will have campuses in the smaller emirates.
FREE 'Study in UAE' eBookGet information on studying in the UAE, including tips on funding, course fees, entry criteria and student visas. GET EBOOK
There are only three government institutions of higher education across the country and the competition to attend is high for international students:
- UAE University, the country’s flagship university that offers many internationally accredited programs
- Zayed University, which used to be a female-only campus and has now opened to male students
- Higher Colleges of Technology, the UAE’s largest university
Fortunately, the number of private institutions is high and very sought-after by both expats and locals due to many of them being internationally accredited. There is a great presence of prestigious international universities, also called global partnerships, that allow students to study in some of the best universities in the world and attain an international education right in the UAE.
All countries have specific admissions requirements for students to gain acceptance into a higher education institution. Get in touch with us to learn more about the ins and outs of admission to programs in the UAE and what you need to apply to the institution of your choice.
Study destinations similar to CANADA
Living Cost in the UAEThe costs of living in the UAE will vary depending on the emirate you’re living in and your lifestyle. Some approximate living costs in the UAE are: Living Cost: AED 58 (USD $16) for meal, AED 27 (USD $7.50) for coffee, AED 44 (USD $12) for beer, AED 44 (USD $12) for cinema ticket, AED 3,000 - 4,000 (USD $816 - 1,088) for rent per month, AED 107 (USD $29) for monthly transport, etc.
What's the process like?
- Get in touch with us
- Tell us your preferences (area of studies, objective, budget…)
- If you’re not sure, then you better contact us immediately
- We will sort out a list of university / college options that suits your preferences
- Together we will filter out the options and you made the final decision.
- Send us your documents, and we will forward your application to universities
- Wait to Be Admitted
- Apply for a Visa
- Arrive in the UAE