You may want to check Australian Study Visa
One of the World’s Friendliest Countries
In most cases, if you are studying for longer than three months you will need a student visa in New Zealand. For shorter stays it may be enough with a visitor’s visa. As with all immigration wherever you go, the procedure for issuing student visas and other documents is only one of several steps you have to take on the way to studying abroad. Therefore the basic rule applies – Start well ahead of time!
Not having the correct immigration documentation can create a lot of hassle, and in the very worst case, can result in you being removed from New Zealand before you complete your studies. Navigating the visa process may not be the most exciting part of your study abroad preparation, but it is still absolutely essential!
FREE 'Study in NEW ZEALAND' eBookWant to study abroad in this amazing country? The eBook provides a broad overview of everything you need to know about studying abroad in New Zealand. GET EBOOK
In order to be eligible for a student visa, you must have a confirmation letter on having been accepted to an NZQA accredited course and on having paid the necessary fees. This documentation must include:
- The name of the course and the minimum time required for completing it, and
- Proof that the course and course provider meet New Zealand’s requirements for international students, and
- The amount of the fee for the complete course, or if the course is longer than one year, the annual fee, and
- Whether you have to pay course fees and whether the fees are domestic or foreign fees, and
- Whether you are studying full-time or part-time.
Most student visas take between 12-31 days to process, but may take up to 10 weeks in specific circumstances. It is recommended that you submit your application at least five weeks before you intend to leave for New Zealand.
How can we help with visa applications?
If you’re our student with an offer letter from any of our partner institutions in NEW ZEALAND, we can advise you on how to go about the entire process. We’ll make sure you are fully informed on the latest visa requirements and conditions; also help you prepare the right documents for your submission.
Our Team will direct you to the official websites and to authorized immigration representatives to ensure you have the latest application forms and guidance. To reduce the hassle, we can also help to certify, translate and courier your documents.
Similar Study Destinations
What's the process like?
- Get in touch with us
- Tell us your preferences (area of studies, objective, budget…)
- If you’re not sure, then you better contact us immediately
- We will sort out a list of university / college options that suits your preferences
- Together we will filter out the options and you made the final decision.
- We will assist you in the university application, and hopefully you’ll get your offer
- Receive Institution Offer Letter
- Accept offer letter, payment for tuition fees & health insurance
- Receive Offer of Place
- Source for student accommodation
- Lodge student visa application
- Undergo medical & biometric examination
- Pre-departure briefing
- Purchase of flight tickets & Travel!